This is a follow up to “We need a dating resume“. Umjolo is serious business! Yeah, if it’s meant to be it will happen but who will teach the kids Maths Susan? Can your back handle things? Are you in debt? Does your father have medical aid? See, it all matters.
These are questions you should ask yourself when thinking long term. ( Not a small dating tender). These are not to make you bail from your relationship, they’re just a guide to see where you could improve. Compromise. ( or worst case re evaluate the whole relationship)
The Questions to Ask
- Do you and your partner accept each other for who you are, without trying to change each other?
- What are your views on religion and spiritual beliefs? How will you settle the differences?
- Would you trust each other with social media and bank accounts pins ?
- Are you comfortable with the age difference? ( comment on what you think is a reasonable age gap without feeling predatory)
- Are you and your partner sexually compatible? ( ever heard the saying, ‘sides do things mains can’t’, it stems partially from this.)
- What’s their history like? ( health wise, cultural heritage, life experiences, who they’ve been [ hiding exes is childish at this point])
- What are your family values ? Do you want children?
- Is your relationship free of red flags like cheating, jealousy, and controlling behavior? ( or you love the carnival)
- Are you and your partner willing to sacrifice your own needs, desires, and goals for each other? ( Can you be selfless and put them first?)
- Is your partner your best friend, and are you theirs? ( or at least your friend, some people are not friends with their partners, it’s all transactional [ this for that, tit for cash or whatever])